How To Choose The Right Type Of Mobile App
How to Choose the Right Type of Mobile App
The mobile technology you choose for you or your business will have a big influence on the overall performance of said app.
This is because the technology affects how your app is developed and how users interact with it. In this blog, we’re going to demonstrate the differences between all three different types of apps: web, hybrid, and native. Then, we’ll tell you what questions you need to answer to choose the right mobile app technology for your business needs.
Differences between Web, Hybrid, and Mobile Apps
Web apps can be thought of as websites optimized for mobile browsers. This is because they’re literally made to be a website with a few features which makes them mobile app friendly.
- Web apps are easy to maintain because they use the same base code for all platforms.
- They’re inexpensive upfront, compared to native apps.
- Users don’t have to manage updates manually. Whenever the web app is opened, the newest version is automatically loaded.
- Web apps are compatible for all platforms.
- Web apps can be released at any time and in any format
- A browser is needed for running a web app.
- Web apps are too more difficult to market.
- They’re less interactive compared to native apps.
- Web apps have a small scope for leveraging features and hardware.
- Web apps are slower than native apps.
Hybrid apps are a mixture of web apps and native apps. You can access them via a web browser or you can download them from an app store.
Although what’s stated above is true, Hybrid apps also have the built-in capabilities of a device. These apps are made using cross-platform frameworks such as Ionic and PhoneGap.
- Unlike web apps, hybrid apps don’t need a browser
- One code base works across all platforms, which makes them cheaper to use and maintain compared to native apps
- Hybrid apps can access device’s internal APIs
- Compared to native apps, hybrid apps are slower
- Customization in hybrid apps is much more expensive compared to native apps
- You’re dependent on the third-party-platform for deploying the app’s wrapper
While we’re mentioning native apps last, they’re the most common mobile apps. When most people talk about mobile apps, they’re probably talking about a native app.
Native apps are designed for one specific operating system. Some apps are just designed for the App Store and others for Play Store.
Unlike other apps, all Native apps are not designed by the same language. Android apps are created using Java, and iPhone apps are created using Swift or Objective-C.
- Native apps provide the best user experience.
- Native apps receive complete support from all app stores.
- These app allows you to control all the features of the selected operating system.
- Native apps have the fastest speed and the best responsive rate.
- Upfront cost of native apps is much higher compared to web or hybrid apps.
- Native apps don’t work best with simple applications.
- Native apps require exert and expensive developer.
- Cost to build native app is comparatively higher than hybrid apps
How to choose the right type of mobile app for your business
In order to choose the right type of mobile app for you or your business, you’ll need to have a crystal-clear idea of your business goals. Ask yourself these questions:
- What’s your company’s goal?
- Who is your target audience?
- How big is your budget?
- What are the technical aspects of your business?
Once you’ve answered this question, you’ll be able to narrow down the decision for the right mobile app for you. For example, if you’re going to target a general consumer audience, then you’ll know web apps have accessibility and therefore it makes more sense to use web app technology.
Sometimes, you need the right partner to help you decide what kind of app would be best for your business. If that’s the case, reach out to us at Celest Technologies. Where you’ll not only get expert care, you’ll get a team that will help you actualize your vision.
When it comes to building the right mobile app for your business, choose a collaborative partner to help you from idea to execution.
After reading this article, selecting the right type of mobile app may have made things a little easier for you. In case you have more questions about the right type of app for your business, reach out to Celest Technologies today.